yeya: an interview

yeya: an interview yeya: an interview yeya: an interview
Her name is Giada, as known as Yeya, she is hal form Tuscany half from Colombia but she lives in Milan and she loves patterns.
What I mostly love about her is the way she is real and, to be honest, I am looking further to meet her!
In the pictures you can see her art: starting from patterns to create fabrics to make pillows.

How to find her?
www.giadamontomoli.com

Let's interview Giada.
Me. Who are you? Can you tell us a bit about your background?
Giada. My name is Giada, but always been Yeya.
Half tuscan and half Colombian, always been in love with colors. After different jobs and studies I think that finally I found somenthing that really combines everything that I love.
Hope that you will enjoy it!

Me. Can you describe your personal style?
Giada. Lines without much sense and a lot of spontaneity.
I am not for straight lines and accurate proportions...maybe just because I am not that able :)

Me. When did you first started making patterns?
Giada. The first pattern starts with the combination between my passion for Graphic Design and my studies (Inte- rior Design).
The first ones I showed with my computer to some people, that just gave me some compliments, but when someone (that I am grateful*) said to me: “nice one.. but I think you should apply somewhere becouse they dont make any sense”, I start to work and print somenthing on canvas, when all ends, seeing all that material with my idea was a great sensation.

Me. What are your favorite tools to work with?
Giada. Bic pen and scribbled paper ( I go panic with the white paper).

Me. Is there someone you'd like to collaborate with?
Giada. I like work with people that have others skills than my, to try differt types of design.
Talking about design, I will love to collaborate with La casita de wendy, Donna Wilson, Marimekko, Ferm living and Normann Copenhagen.

Me. Your favorite magazines or blogs ?
Giada. To devour: weirdfriends.tumblr.com
To poke about: theharlow.net, finelittleday.com, designsponge.com
For chilling: www.unotre.com

Me. What's your favorite food/recipe?
Giada. Shrimp with curry and coconut milk and garnish with toasted coconut. Yummy!

Me. What are three things you never leave the house without?
Giada. Say bye bye to Moira (my cat), the keys of my bike clips for hair.

Me. Can you describe your average day drom down to late night?
Giada. Honestly, I do not have a typical day but I can say that there is always coffee in the morning, talk on the phone, stay on the computer, ride my bike, buy magazines and design somenthing.

Me. What's next for you?
Giada. Keep travelling, poking around and designing.
Meanwhile, this month you will find some of my stuff at the “18:00” via San vito 5 Milan www.le18.it.
-
yeya: an interview
Lei si chiama Giada, in arte Yeya, è tosco-colombiana ma vive a Milano e ama i pattern. Ciò che più mi piace di lei è la sua genuinità e, onestamente, non vedo l'ora di incontrarla dal vivo!
Nelle immagini potete ammirare la sua arte: si parte dai pattern per creare tessuti che diventano cuscini.

Come trovarla?
www.giadamontomoli.com

Intervistiamola.
Io. Chi sei? Puoi parlarci del tuo background?
Giada. Il mio nome è Giada, ma sono sempre stata la Yeya.
Metà toscana e metà colombiana, sono sempre stata innamorata dei colori. Dopo diversi tipi di lavoro e studi penso di aver trovato qualcosa che unisca tutto quello che amo. Spero vi piaccia.

Io. Puoi descriverci il tuo stile?
Giada. Zirigoboli e tanta tanta spontaneità.
Non mi appartengono le linee precise e le proporzioni millimetriche.. forse perchè non ne sono nemmeno cosi capace :)

Io. Quando hai iniziato a fare pattern?
Giada. I primi pattern nascono dall’incontro tra la mia passione per la grafica e il mio percorso di studi (Interior Design).
I primi li feci vedere a computer a tante persone, ricevendo complimenti, ma quella volta che quel qualcuno (che ringrazio molto*) mi disse: “belli si.. ma penso che dovresti applicarli a qualcosa, perchè non hanno molto senso”. Mi misi subito al lavoro e iniziai a produrre qualcosa su tessuto, una volta terminati vidi quello che avevo progettato su metri e metri di stoffa e provai una sensazione bellissima.

Io. Quali sono i tuoi strumenti di lavoro preferiti?
Giada. Penna bic nera e fogli già scarabocchiati (ho il terrore del foglio bianco).

Io. C'è qualcuno con cui sogni di collaborare?
Giada. Mi piace collaborare con persone che hanno passioni e capacità diverse alle mie, per provare progetti nuovi. E ovviamente parlando di design, mi piace molto La casita de wendy, Donna Wilson, Marimekko, Ferm living e Normann Copenhagen.

Io. Riviste e blog preferiti?
Giada. Da divorare: weirdfriends.tumblr.com
Per curiosare: theharlow.net, finelittleday.com, designsponge.com
Per cazzeggiare: www.unotre.com

Io. Il tuo piatto preferito?
Giada. Gamberi con curry e latte di cocco e guarnire con cocco tostato. Gnam.

Io. Quali sono le tre cose senza le quali non puoi uscire di casa?
Giada. Salutare la moira (il mio gatto), chiavi del luchetto della bici e mollette per i capelli.

Io. Potresti descriverci la tua giornata tipo da quando ti alzi a tarda notte?
Giada. Sinceramente non ho una giornata tipo posso dire che non manca mai il caffè la mattina, stare al telefono, stare al computer, girare in bici, disegnare e comprare riviste.

Io. Cos'hai in serbo per il futuro?
Giada. Continuare a viaggiare, curiosare e produrre.
Intanto da questo mese troverete alcune delle mie creazioni da “Le 18:00” via San vito 5 Milano www.le18.it.

Labels: , ,