depeapa: an interview

depeapa: an interview depeapa: an interview depeapa: an interview depeapa: an interview depeapa: an interview
Happy friday everyone,
I am working a lot so far to organize a few events: the Band Loch Markt #3 and a Guerrilla Crochet night - there will be a couple of posts dedicated on the events.
Today we will go to Granada and have a small talk with Veronica, that we all know as Depeapa, an illustrator and crafter that I love.

Me. Who are you? Can you tell us a bit about your background?
Depeapa. My name is Verónica de Arriba. I’m illustrator and crafter from Spain. Since I was a child, I liked to draw. I studied Fine Arts, after finishing my studies I worked as graphic designer. One sunny day in late 2007, I have the idea that I could give a new life to my illustrations by utilizing the drawings to create more things than only in paper.

Me. How did you came up with the name "Depeapa"?
Depeapa. The Spanish for "head to tail" is "de pe a pa". In my world, it is written "Depeapa" and I think that it’s the perfect name for my venture because it is all a handmade process.

Me. When you first started, what types of products were you selling?
Depeapa. Felt brooches and dolls. At first I didn’t intend to sell anything; this was simply a project of love. However, as soon as I posted images of my pieces on the internet, I began to receive requests from people and shops. This was the beginning of a small craft business.

Me. What is your design process like?
Depeapa. I don’t have a specific process. Sometimes I only draw and other times I have a very clear idea of ​​the final product and then I draw.

Me. Are you a full-time crafters?
Depeapa. Yes and I love my work, draw, work in new products...

Me. Is there someone you'd like to collaborate with?
Depeapa. I don't know... any creative and talented person! :)

Me. What tips would you give to a new crafter who wants to start a craft business?
Depeapa. Be yourself and do what you like without thinking if it is commercial or not.

Me. Can you describe your average day from waking up to late night?
Depeapa. I wake up at 8 AM (aprox) and I start my day with a cup of tea and a toast. Normally I start the morning checking and replaying emails. After almost the entire morning at the computer, I work preparing orders for stores. Many days are: emails, place orders and go to the post office. Other days draw, work in new products... Two days a week I go at the swimming pool. After working if I’m not tired, I like walking in the city.

Me. What's next for you?
Depeapa. I'm in a sweet moment, so I don't have a very rigid idea about the future.

Thank you!
Depeapa's Etsy shop and her sweet blog.
-
Buon venerdì a tutti,
sto lavorando molto in questo periodo per organizzare diversi eventi: il Band Loch Markt #3 e una serata di Guerrilla Uncinetto - ma ci saranno un paio di post appositi.
Oggi andiamo a Granada e facciamo quattro chiacchere con Veronica, che tutti però conosciamo come Depeapa, un'illustratrice e crafter che adoro.

Io. Chi sie? Puoi parlarci un po' del tuo background?
Depeapa. Mi chiamo Verónica de Arriba. Sono un'illustratrice e una crafter spagnola. Sin da quando ero bambina, ho sempre amato disegnare. Ho studiato arte, e finiti gli studi ho lavorato come Graphic designer. Un giorno di sole del 2007 ho avuto l'illuminazione: avrei potuto dare una nuova vita all'illustrazione creando cose che non sarebbero state solo su carta.

Io. Da dove arriva il nome "Depeapa"?
Depeapa. Lo spagnolo "dall'inizio alla fine" è "de pe a pa". Nel mio mondo è scritto "Depeapa" e penso che sia il nome perfetto per la mia attività perché tutto il processo è handmade.

Io. Quando hai iniziato, quali prodotti vendevi?
Depeapa. Spille in feltro e bambole. All'inizio non avevo pensato di vendere i miei prodotti, si trattava semplicemente di un progetti fatto col cuore. Comunque, come iniziai a postare le immagini dei miei prodotti su internet, iniziai a ricevere richieste da persone e negozi. Questo fu l'inizio di un piccolo craft business.

Io. Com'è il tuo processo creativo?
Depeapa. Non ho uno specifico processo. Ogni tanto disegno ed altre volte ho un'idea molto chiara in mente del prodotto finale e quindi disegno.

Io. Sei una crafter a tempo pieno?
Depeapa. Sì, e amo il mio lavoro, disegnare e lavorare a nuovi prodotti...

Io. C'è qualcuno con cui ti piacerebbe collaborare?
Depeapa. Non lo so.... chiunque creativo e talentuoso! :)

Io. Che suggerimenti daresti a chi vuole iniziare un craft business?
Depeapa. Sii te stesso e fai ciò che ti piace senza pensare se sia commerciabile o meno.

Io. Potresti descriverci la tua giornata tipo da quando ti alzi a tarda notte?
Depeapa. Mi alzo alle 8 circa e inizio la giornata con una tazza di tea ed un toast. Normalmente inizio leggendo e rispondendo alle emails. Dopo una mattinata al computer, lavoro sugli ordini dei negozi. Molto giorni sono: emails, ordini, ufficio postale... Altri giorni sono più dedicati al disegno ed alla creazione di prodotti... Due giorni la settimana vado in piscina. Se non sono stanca dopo il lavoro, mi piace camminare per la città.

Io. Cos'hai in serbo per il futuro?
Depeapa. Sono in un momento molto dolce, quindi non ho una visione rigida del mio futuro.

Grazie!
L'Etsy shop il blog di Depeapa.


xo Coki

Labels: , ,